Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In No Particular Order

I have 4 or 5 months worth of memories to catch up on, so get ready to experience a lot of blogging flashbacks over the next few posts. (At least you'll get to see some cute pics of the girls and how much they've been growing recently.)

It's always a circus around here. I really don't think our life is all that complex, but I never seem to be able to get anything done. And things rarely go as planned.

We had a flood in our basement the end of April. Thankfully we were home and saw the inch and a half of water within 10 minutes. Thankfully it was clean and not sewage. Thankfully we have insurance. Although our basement walls and carpet are still in construction mode, I'm grateful we didn't lose anything. Somehow most of our stuff was either elevated off the floor, in plastic bins, or moved out of harms way before the water could touch it.

Chris did find my boy Cabbage Patch Preemie face down in the lake that was our laundry room. To add insult to the situation, he was wearing a Minnie Mouse dress. I thought he was a goner, but I placed him in the wind tunnel created by one of 14 high-powered ServPro fans and he dried out quite nicely. I'm sure we'll have to pay for therapy some day.

Note to self: Make sure the garden hose is disconnected from the outside faucet next winter so this little pipe doesn't freeze. At least
I got to spend some quality time with ActionMan again. I'm glad he was nice and didn't scold me for not listening to him.

Then yesterday Mr. Appliance dropped by to take a look at our refrigerator. (I just realized, it sounds like I've had to call upon the Superhero Squad-- cheaper than the Justice League-- to solve a lot of problems recently.) The fridge has decided to join the chaos by not following recommended temperature guidelines for adequate food safety. Mr. Appliance will be returning on Thursday to replace the evaporator fan motor. Until then, most our "cold" food is vacationing with different friends while we eat the basics out of two chest coolers on my kitchen floor.

At least we're alive and not suffering from encephalitis or anything like that. (We love you Kenny and are glad you're getting better!)

1 comment:

Sandy White said...

Sorry about your basement, but I was really laughing about the Cabbage Patch Boy drowned in a miniskirt... :) And we are guilty of not disconnecting our water hose in the winter as well. No floods but it still has to be fixed.