Friday, September 26, 2008

No Sour Grapes Here

Ally and I have been spending a lot of time over at the new house while Chris is at work. We like to pretend to accomplish a great deal though it's obvious that we don't ever really make much progress. Ally and I are very easily sidetracked by the many flowers to sniff, grapes to eat, and cupboards to play in. Women's work is never done, so why rush it? Maybe when our new flooring is finally installed and we're officially moved in, I'll become more serious about organizing the house. Right now, we'll just stick to exploring Ally's new kingdom.

I decided to post some pictures here of the beautiful things the previous owners so carefully cultivated for our current enjoyment. Hopefully they'll grow again next year--especially the roses-- despite my lack of knowledge and a green thumb. Truthfully, I will not be too disappointed if some of the grapevines happen to die. We have an overabundance of grapes at present time, and I know we inherited them at the end of the season. It scares me to think of how much fruit they yield annually. Besides giving them away or turning them into raisins, does anyone have a good recipe or suggestion?







Do you see the bee?







These are either sunflowers or sunflower cousins. Either way, I think they began
dying shortly after I took the picture. It seems the grapevines wanted to give them a really good hug. Not knowing their own strength, the vines accidentally smothered the stalks. I did some pruning, so we'll see what happens. Of course, the weather is starting to change and the cold will eventually get the best of them anyway. I know, such happy thoughts. . .








one rose












two roses














four roses









They keep multiplying!


Too bad you don't have smell-o-vision, 'cause these pictures would be quite fragrant!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Lost and Found!
Hi, we're so happy to hear from you.
Your daughter is beautiful! You're lucky to be living in Washington state. We visited Seattle in March and the weather was wonderful. Congratulations on your new home. We're glad to hear your family is doing well. Please send me your email address so we can keep in touch. Cheers!