Thursday, September 4, 2008

Baby Kisses and Oinks

This past weekend we took a trip up to Spokane to visit my Grandma and my Aunt Kathy. They both know a lot about quilting, and I was hoping they'd help me get started with my long-time goal of actually making a quilt. Of course, even the best laid plans never seem to work out. Ally started spiking major temps, didn't sleep for 2 full nights, and was super-clingy. It's kind of hard to pay attention, learn something new, and use a sewing machine with a crankster attached to your chest-- especially when you feel so bad for the little one. Little by little we muddled through, and now I only have to finish the binding (the little strip that runs along the edge of the quilt to cover all the layers). Thank you, Aunt Kathy and Grandma, for your patience and willingness to share your skills and materials!

I wanted to post this blog with a picture of the finished project; however I realized at the rate I'm going, I wouldn't publish another blog entry for a few months. . . Maybe I'll remember to post a picture of Ally's new quilt when I'm finished, 'cause I'm really proud of myself. So, instead of ohh-ing and ahh-ing at my handiwork, you can enjoy some new video of Ally. (That's probably why everyone checks this site anyway.)


In the first 2 videos, Ally will demonstrate her great love of self and knowledge of animal sounds.







It's hard to get a good video or picture of Ally these days 'cause she always wants to be the one holding the camera so she can watch the person on the digital screen. Here she is trying to take charge, and not understanding why the baby keeps disappearing . . .


1 comment:

Katherine said...

I love quilts! I am so proud of you for making one.