Sunday, October 5, 2008

Quick Update From the Nuthouse(s)

While I sit downstairs typing this entry, my ears are absorbing some beautiful sounds from above: The loud clomping of Ally's feet as she scurries back and forth across the living room, and running water and the clanking of pots as Chris washes the dishes. The simplest things can make a mother happy. Speaking of me, I don't think I've put a picture of me up on the blog yet. I guess it's about time to load one in to prove I haven't changed much. Here are Ally and I two weeks ago at a local festival--Christ the King SausageFest.


We have been quite busy with the new house. We spend more and more time here and have moved more and more things over (including this computer), but we still haven't officially moved in. We are holding out hope that our flooring will magically arrive this coming week, then we'll be able to better schedule "the big move" and put everything in its proper place (and get everything under one roof again). Our furniture is still at the townhouse, so Ally is having to share her little beanbag chair with Daddy when we watch TV.

This past weekend we traded in the boxes and dust of moving for the dirt, animals, and hand sanitizer of the Central Washington State Fair. Our pictures of the trip are conveniently located at the other house, so I think I'll make Chris blog about Ally's newest experiences tomorrow. I remember she enjoyed the fair so much that she forgot to have any breakdowns, but I need the pictures to remind me of exactly what we looked at all day.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Hubby dishwashing is a beautiful sound. I am trying to convince Kevin that he really wants to wash the dishes.

Do you have some good boxes that you are getting rid of? We might be interested in some of them.

Karen (but sometimes Chris) said...

We have an overabundance of good boxes. Shall I mail them to you, or does this mean you are considering a visit?