Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tickle Torture

I realize it's been a week since the last post. I apologize for not keeping everyone updated on our latest and greatest news. While Ally is busy eating her leftover chicken strips and french fries, I'll try to fill in the vague details of our life.
My good friend Jessica flew in from North Carolina last Wednesday. She came for a visit; we put her to work painting and cooking and shopping and child-rearing. Jess was a very good sport about the whole thing, and I really appreciated having an extra pair of hands and an adult to talk to during the day. Although I've always wanted to be the one raising my children, I now think having a full-time nanny around is a fabulous idea. Too bad we'll never be able to afford one (or find one as good as Jess). She left a few days ago, and Ally still wanders around the house asking, "Where's Jessie?" And, Ally just took a break from shoveling food into her mouth to come up here and kiss the picture. Jess, we love you. And now the whole blogworld knows it.

This video is a little dark, but people seem to like the videos and this one shows off Ally's squeaky laugh. I should take a video of Ally watching this video, 'cause then you'd get to hear double the squeaks!




The big news is: We closed on the houses! The Pinehurst house left our hands on August 29th; the Richland house became ours at 4:45pm on September 5th. Little by little, we are making some changes and moving our belongings over to the new place. We're taking our time, so if anyone else needs a vacation destination over the next fews weeks, your more than welcome to "visit" us in Washington!

1 comment:

Rachel W said...

You moved to tri-cities? what a big move!