Friday, August 13, 2010

Winters in the Summer

July 3, 2010

It only took us a day to drive to my teenhood home in Lititz, Pennsylvania. You might ask how that's possible from way across the country? Magic. It also helps if you rent a speedy red car, have well-behaved and travel-tolerant children, and start the day in North Carolina. I'll return to my beloved NC at a later post, as that's how we did things in real life anyway. (Yes, I'm blogging about our month long trip by starting in the middle. I will potentially get around to putting these episodes in proper order, but just getting it blogged is an accomplishment at this point. Please bare with my insanity.)

Since my siblings and I live in various regions throughout the U.S., rarely will you ever find us all in the same state at the same time. (Last time around was at Kevin and Katie's wedding. And we were all in the same exact place for maybe an hour.) On this occasion, the last of us arrived on Friday evening (my little family), and the first of us left before dawn on Monday (my husband). That's a record 2+ full days together! Thanks, Dad, for requesting that we come home for a reunion and a few pictures. Our photographer was Craig Leaper, and he did a fabulous job. He graciously gave me permission to post the following two pics here so my cyberspace friends (and stalkers?) can see all the Winters together.

The Whole Winters Clan



The Original Seven



I know we're an awesome family and you'd love a copy to hang in your own home, but please don't steal from our photographer. Instead, visit his website to see some bonus B&Ws of the kids and some beautiful shots of Lancaster County. (Check out the one of Cora and the perfect, precious tear gliding down her face.) Our actual family photos are locked but, if you are really interested in them and ask nicely, I can help you see them too.

Here are Ally and Ella practicing for their future modeling careers.

2 comments:

tkangaroo said...

I want to see Cora's single tear! I loved my Hoffman time--now I just need to get all of them here! :)

Karen (but sometimes Chris) said...

T- click on the link to the website. We neglected to take a picture together. Fly out here soon so we can remedy that? Loved my T time too.