Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sweet Walla Walla Walla



While watching TV a few weeks ago, Chris and I happened upon a low-budget commercial starring a rappin' onion. We were very intrigued, and thus was born our grand adventure of this past weekend: The Walla Walla Sweet Onion Festival.

I'll admit it. The advertising was a lot more fun than the actual event, but we still enjoyed our trip. We walked through a great little farmers' market and then down three or four blocks of the old-town main street. We saw a live band, all the typical craft and food vendors, an old car, some interesting sculptures, and a few great storefronts. You should check out some of our new pictures. Oddly, the only contact we had with an actual onion was when we ordered lunch from the local historic deli.
The food was great, and Ally loved running up and down the deli stairs to wave at Mommy/Momma from the balcony above. (She's forgotten how to say Daddy and now apparently thinks she has 2 mothers.)



The verdict: Walla Walla onions really are sweet. And so is this guy's mustache! They call him the sausage king. . .

1 comment:

Ariel said...

I'm glad you're having so much fun in my old mission haunt. I can't wait to get up there and see my old stomping grounds again. Maybe I shouldn't mention that I was laughing so hard I almost wet my pants reading "what's in Chris's head this morning", but then again, it doesn't take a lot to make a big pregnant woman do that. ;)