Saturday, September 14, 2013

Just for the Record

I love this kid!
I am so proud of her.
She's had a torturous three weeks at school.
Through most of it, she has managed to hold her emotions and frustrations in check.
She has displayed more patience than many adults (including me).
She has persevered and, at times, just plain hung in there.
She has been a trooper.

Now we have a plan, and things are finally going to change.
Now Ally says, "A big chunk of my headache is gone! Now maybe I can finally start learning."

I want to take back all those times in the past that I had wished she'd just grow up!
I can't believe she's only six-and-a-half; she's so much wiser than that number.
I am amazed by her.
I have learned a lot from her.
I feel blessed to be her mother.

I love you, Allyson, and I am so proud of you!



Also, just for the record. . .
I love this kid, too!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm sorry Ally has been having a rough time, but I'm glad she's handled it so well and there is a plan to make good changes. Love the post, and I'm sure she'll read it many times over in the future. :)

Natalie said...

What's the new plan? And also we miss her on Sunday!

Sandy White said...

What's been going on at Ally's school? That must be so rough to see her struggle so much. I hope things improve quickly for her!