Sunday, July 3, 2011

T and B's Bed and Breakfast

July 14-16, 2010



We left my parent's house and drove back down to NC in our speedy red rental car. We stopped at the temple visitor's center in Washington, DC for a quick potty break. Since the girls enjoyed being out of the car so much, we stayed for a movie, ate our lunch/snacks, and got our picture taken with the statue of Jesus.





When we arrived at Taunja's, she tied a fancy apron on Ally and then the two of them got to work cooking and baking. I held Cora, chatted with T, and did my best to not stick my fingers in the pots. She made us a delicious upscale version of cut-up hotdogs in mac and cheese. I was in heaven. Chris is an awesome cook too, but only Taunja caters to my cheesy-creamy-fatty cravings. I still think she should move out here and be my personal chef; I ate so well (and so much!) when we lived together.

Ally enjoyed all the attention Brittany bestowed upon her when she was around. They sang, messed around on the computer, and talked and giggled. Here's Ally trying to explain "Hide and Go Seek" to a very patient B.

When Taunja wasn't at work, she was hanging with us and playing hostess. One evening we got to see Celsi and meet her new-to-me husband. I had a lot of fun catching up with them and reminiscing about when I was living the single life in Durham/Chapel Hill.




Cora loved taking naps on Auntie T while Taunja sang to Ally.





We were only able to spend a few days with T and B, but Ally remembers it well. She still talks about the Princess Bubble Bath and sleeping on the mattress on Taunja's bedroom floor. We also still giggle about her comment "Now we're just like a big happy family!" when we were all piled into T's bed one night. In my book, T has always been family.

1 comment:

tkangaroo said...

Anytime! :) We are open for reservations.