Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chris' Big Day

Does everyone know what today is? Here's a little hint:



Look how far you've come in thirty-three years. Look how far you have left to go. Thank you for including Ally and me in the journey. I wish we had found each other sooner so we could've gotten this party started long ago. We love you and we appreciate you. You are a patient man. Everything you do for us and put up with on our behalf does not go unnoticed. I realize I am often slow to acknowledge your greatness, and I apologize for that. The rewards may sometimes be slow in coming, but they will come. Thank you for all the adventures and for keeping us laughing along the way.

Looking at the above pictures, I had a thought. Maybe it's a premonition.
You change Ally's stinky diapers now, but life will eventually come full circle. PLEASE try to remember the following fact (if the Alzheimer's hasn't kicked in) when the roles are reversed: A naked 83-year-old man running away from a diaper is not as endearing as our 19-month-old preciousness doing the same.

Happy Birthday, Chris. I'm sure this will be a memorable one. I hope you can find humor in all of today's interactions and that people will give you the extra-special treatment. Afterall, it is your birthday.


3 comments:

Katherine said...

Happy birthday, Chris!

tkangaroo said...

Happy Birthday, Chris! We miss you here in NC. No one makes us laugh as much. . .

Erin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Hurray for you!