Thursday, November 27, 2008

Leaf Grapes



Before Ally became a proficient un-sweeper, she practiced the art of un-raking in our front yard.



I took these videos last weekend when we raked up the remainder of our leaves. More accurately, we were raking up the few leaves that remained in our yard after the 2 days of big wind gusts. We still see remnants of our abundantly-giving trees all over the neighborhood. (Sorry, neighbors!) Even with the wind's disbursement skills in our favor, we ended up with over 20 bags of leaves. And, unfortunately, Ally didn't want to experience the joy of jumping in any of them. I think she may be a prissy neat-freak.




And check out Ally's big yellow bear claws!


After the leafy adventure, Ally and I went out back to check on our garden. Surprisingly, we had a ton (almost literally) of grapes still on the vines. If the few frost spells we've had won't kill them, then I shouldn't worry about my non-green, neglectful thumb accidentally killing them either. Anyone have a good grape recipe or canning idea for next year? Ally and I had fun eating them off the vine (for the last time this year?) and harvesting a bowlful for inside consumption. Do you think she loves grapes?


2 comments:

tkangaroo said...

Love the hat!

Katherine said...

Wine!! You should make your own wine! I bet Ally would be even more fun after you get her drunk.