Friday, December 23, 2011

Chris Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!

We arrived in Greensboro on Wednesday night and then drove out to Chris' parents' house in Selma on Thursday night. Friday morning Chris, Kenny, Jordan, and I transfered all our worldly possessions from the trailer to a U-haul. Then the Hoffman clan caravaned to our new apartment to deliver and unload the goods. Unfortunately there was a bad accident on I-40, and traffic was a mess. Sick of being in the car, the girls and I took two detours while hoping things would clear: one to Target in Apex and another to Taunja's house in Durham. We eventually made it to Greensboro, right after all the heavy lifting was accomplished and our help was pulling out of the complex parking lot. (Perfect timing for me.) Thanks guys!

We spent Saturday moving boxes and setting things up. Jess came out to help us unpack and also to make sure Chris' birthday was not overlooked in all the moving activities.

We took him out to eat at a Greek Restaurant, and then Jess accompanied me to 3 different stores in search of Chris' present-- a new TV. On Sunday she baked him a cake, and then I decorated it with M&Ms from the Halloween stash. I made it a little girly, but I couldn't think of what to do for a "guy" cake. Sorry, Honey, but you're probably used to being surrounded by hearts and flowers by now anyway.

Happy Birthday, Daddy! Thank you for all you do for us, for putting up with us, and for making the money to buy PopTarts for us. We love you, and wish you many more years to come.

No comments: