Monday, November 22, 2010

Looks Like Winter



When I got up this morning and looked out our kitchen window, this is what I saw.





When Ally got up this morning, I had her look out our front window. This is what she saw. Then she said, "Looks like winter is finally here." I think she's right.

After 45 minutes of preparations, the girls and I were dressed and ready to go have some fun outside with the first snowfall of the season.


This was Cora's reaction after touching the cold, wet white stuff for the very first time.




This was Ally's reaction after tripping by the tree and face-planting in the snow. Surprisingly, she stood herself right back up, licked the snow off her face, and started laughing. I'm glad she's learning how to cope.

While I snuggled with Cora,
Ally had fun tromping around making circles and squares with her bootprints. She also made a snow angel (her imaginary friend Anna had taught her how) and threw handfuls of snow at us.



After about an hour of playtime, we went back inside. Then it started to lightly snow again. Our walkway and the streets are now covered with another inch of wintery goodness, perfect for a snowman or a snowball fight once Daddy gets home.

No comments: