Thursday, November 12, 2009

Two Butterballs

This is what happens when Mommy needs to run to the potty in the middle of making English muffins in our oh-so-slow toaster. In true Paula Dean style, Ally helped herself to a little snack while waiting things out.

I'm okay with this morning's little indulgence for 4 reasons:
1) Ally was being adorably self-sufficient.
2) We figured out last week that she's the same size as her 1.5-year-old cousin and could stand to be fattened up a bit. (Her constantly falling pants and undies have also been a strong indicator of this fact.)
3) There are worse things to be gobbled down than something so
smartly-balanced.
4) Mommy loves her some butter, too.



Although I feel like a hippo most days, by obstetrical standards I continue to measure small. The docs ordered another ultrasound to be sure everything's still okay, but we weren't worried. In my mind, all that meant was an opportunity for Baby #2 to have another in-the-womb photo shoot.
Verdict is: Everything is still all good. She's measuring right on target. She's already got long eyelashes. She definitely looks like a Hoffman; I just hope her head circumference will stay in the 50th percentile. (The weird, deformed Chihuahua paw in the bottom right corner is actually the umbilical cord.) So, now that you know what she looks like, any good name suggestions?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Sabrina, yep Sabrina it is. BTW I sooo love the picture of y'all in the garden up top, it's the BEST!

tkangaroo said...

Olivia Taunjuana. . . It has a ring. . . :) Miss you!

Erin said...

That's a HUGE container! My youngest sister, Lauren, used to sneak butter cubes from the fridge and eat chow down. Yuck!
I love the picture of your little baby. Aubree suggests you name her: China or Aubree or Alana ("Al-on-uh"). (I don't think she'll be offended if you choose otherwise...)

Ariel said...

Well, I already threw out Ariel last time but got rejected, so I'm not about to open my heart up to that kind of pain all over again. ;) How about a nice tribute to Chris's Catholic upbringing and your Latin American mission, like Maria or Magdalena or Guadalupe or Concepcion?

Abigail, Ella, and Ava are all the rage in our ward right now. Oh, and names that aren't really names but places, like Brooklyn and Boston. Then there are the boy-turned-girl names like Kendall and Grayson ... Yeah, good luck with the whole naming thing. But I can't wait to see the little doll!