Friday, December 12, 2008

Moving Christmas Lights

When we flew out here for my job interview we went out to dinner with some of my future co-workers. They were telling us about things that were unique to the local area. One of them was the Lighted Farm Implement Parade around Christmas in the small town of Sunnyside. We knew as soon as we heard about it that if I got the job and we moved out here it would be on our must see list. So last Saturday we bundled up and headed out on a 45 minute car ride to see the parade. And it didn't disappoint. It was probably the best lighted farm implement parade I've ever seen.
But don't take my word for it......





An ice sculpture of a tractor greeted us as we got in to town.












Karen and Ally waiting for the parade, keeping warm with jackets, a blanket and hot chocolate.








Here's the official entry from the town of Sunnyside:


A tractor deer pulling Santa:


What Christmas parade is complete without some sort of front end loader?


And my personal favorite, the Coke truck:


Tonight is the lighted boat parade in Richland. They really like to put Christmas lights on means of transportation around here.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Well now I want to see the boats!